Friday, May 11, 2007

Day filled with many blessings

Every day is a blessed day, and today is filled with many blessings.

Last week MJ's service coordinator applied for financial assistance to some community organizations to help us pay the $1,750 to stay at the hospital's guest residence for a week. A non-profit agency awarded us $500.00 in a check made out to the hotel.

Yesterday I called our local chapter of the Autism Society of America and spoke to Gonyea, mother of an adult child with autism. She called this morning to tell us we are awarded $500.00 to help pay for our expenses.

Today I finished the train quilt MJ will take along to the hospital. He helped me pick out the train and railroad tracks fabric.

Last night we received a bill for $6,448.00 for the MRI. This amount must be a mistake since the MRI was pre-approved by our health insurance company. The appointment for the MRI was made by Wendy, the surgeon's administrative assistant. I called her, faxed the bill to her, and later faxed it directly to radiology billing department. I just got a call from Jessica. She said they would take care of it. Wow!

I am so grateful for these many blessings. God is good!